A flooded basement can happen more quickly and easily than you may think and its important homeowners know just what to do when it happens. Here’s some important advice from New Jersey’s leading basement waterproofing and mold remediation company:
- Turn off the power: Electrical shocks are a serious risk in flood situations, so it’s important to stay out of the basement and to turn off your home’s power at the main power breakers when it is safe to do so.
- Find the source: While a storm is an obvious source of flooding, there can be far more subtle causes including a hidden burst pipe, seepage from outside, structural leaks, runoff from snow or a damaged foundation. If you are unsure why your basement is flooding, specialists from Bonded Waterproofing Systems can offer you a free, no-obligation Water Ingress Analysis to determine the condition of your basement and suggest possible solutions.
- Clean up: Once it is safe to enter your flooded basement, you can start the clean up process by removing items to minimize water damage. It’s a good idea to make a list as you do this which includes notes and photographs of damage as well as items that need to be discarded for insurance purposes. Also be sure to remove items that have soaked up water rather than leaving them in the basement to dry, as this will make the process faster.
- Sump pump installation: In situations where basement flooding is severe or frequent, installing a sump pump is often the best solution. This pump will physically remove water from the basement and, in the event of another potential flood situation, will activate and pump excess water away from your home to prevent it flooding again.
- Mold removal: Flooded basements are the ideal environment for molds to grow which can cause respiratory and other serious health problems and unpleasantly foul odors in your home. Mold remediation specialists will evaluate your basement thoroughly, investigating hard to reach areas and behind walls, to ensure that any mold present is dealt with and future outbreaks are prevented.
We provide expert mold removal and basement waterproofing in New Jersey
At Bonded Waterproofing Systems, we’ve been operating in the New Jersey area for over 30 years providing durable, affordable solutions and services. Whatever your basement needs, we can provide it – from sump pump or French drain installation to basement repair/waterproofing and mold remediation. All our services are backed by an industry leading lifetime warranty and we’re happy to assist you with any queries, anytime. For more information, please contact us today.