In New Jersey, the summer months mean days by the pool, BBQs with friends and, unfortunately, humidity! Here’s how to keep your home comfortable, cool and humidity-free this summer, from our basement waterproofing team in Essex County, NJ.
- Use your AC unit: Set your air conditioning system fan to “automatic” not “on”, as this can actually increase the humidity in your home by blowing air over a wet AC coil when the condenser cycles off. Don’t lower the thermostat as this just overworks your unit and won’t cool your home faster.
- Increase ventilation: This prevents moisture from getting trapped inside your home. Think about installing ventilation fans in the kitchen, bathrooms and laundry room and running them throughout the day.
- Install crawlspace vapor barriers: These will prevent moisture from seeping into your home through the soil into your crawlspace. This can be combined with cross ventilation in the crawlspace itself, which will help push moist air outside.
- Take care of your outside space: Keep gutters and downspouts clean as these move water away from your home. Only water plants when needed and ensure that landscaping slopes gently away from your home to reduce moisture build-up against your home’s walls and basement.
- Install a dehumidifier: If you’ve tried everything and are still struggling with excessive humidity in your home, then it’s a good idea to invest in a dehumidifier. The unit should be placed in your basement or bathroom as these are the areas that produce the most humidity and should be run while doors and windows are closed for best results. Make sure there is no furniture or other items blocking the air flow in to the unit.
Dehumidifiers and Basement Waterproofing in Essex County, NJ
Bonded Waterproofing is a family-owned business serving the tristate area specializing in affordable, high quality basement waterproofing services. From installing dehumidifiers, basement repairs, mold removal and leak detection to sump pump installation, repairs and maintenance, we do it all.
If you do choose us to manage your home’s waterproofing solution but are concerned about the cost involved, we’re also happy to offer interest-free financing and a lifetime warranty to go with the fairest pricing model in the industry.
For more information on our basement waterproofing in NJ, please contact us or visit our website at http://bondedwaterproofing.com/basement-wateproofing-essex-county-nj/ today.