Do I Need Basement Waterproofing?
If you suspsect your New Jersey home needs basement waterproofing the first step in remedying the issue is understanding what type of problem you are dealing with. A flooded basement is fairly obvious, but its important to understand that water damage can be subtle as well. Damp smells, mold and mildew, rust, peeling paint and cracks in the walls and floors can all be signs of a water leak.
- Basement Dampness: Basements are highly susceptible to the potentially damaging effects of atmospheric conditions below ground level. A sure sign of a damp basement is the appearance of moisture on the exposed surface of your floors, walls or windows. Sometimes however, a damp basement will show no signs of moisture. That’s why when a homeowner complains about dampness or moisture in their basement, it is directly related to humidity problems.
- Wet Basement Everytime it Rains: All it takes is one rainstorm to create enough pressure to force water into the basement. Over time, moisture and basement dampness, if left untreated can cause structural damage or lead to a mold and mildew infestation.
- Mold & Mildew Infestation: Mold and mildew infestations are highly dangerous and can cause severe negative effects on the health of you and your family and the air quality in your home. What many home owners don’t know is that mold and mildew can also cause structural damage over time. Not all water and moisture problems come from the ground. A major source of mold, mildew and the resulting musty odors comes from moisture in the air that, because it is heavier, collects in the lowest part of the house where it starts to do its damage and feeds the growth of mold.
If you are looking for more information regarding potential causes for water in your home or warning signs of water damage check out our basement waterproofing problem solver topics:
- Why is my basement flooding?
- My foundation or wall is cracking.
- My crawl space stinks!
- My walls are sweating.
- I can’t get rid of the musty smell!
- I have mold.
- My sump pump isn’t working.
- My wood floor is warping/staining.
- Its not wet but the air is very damp.
Basement Waterproofing with Integrity & Results
When it comes to basement waterproofing, we have seen it all and we are confident that there is no water issue in your home that we can’t find a solution for. Our process starts with a FREE Water Ingress Analysis during which our highly experienced experts will come to your home or business and conduct a thorough examination of all possible interior and exterior sources of water ingress, excess humidity and odor sources, and identify structural defects and potential habitats for mold infestation. Unlike many other “Waterproofing” companies, the only solutions we propose are those that really correct your issue. You may find a cheap “band aide” solution from some, but see what kind of warantee comes with it. At Bonded our solution’s are proposed because we know that they will fully and completely correct your situation. Whether you just need a simple dehumidifier, or a complete exterior drain system, we have the skill and the integrity to get the job done right the first time in the most affordable way possible.
Join the ranks of over 50,000 (and growing) homes and businesses in the NJ, NY & CT Tri-State area that have experienced the superior basement waterproofing solutions that only the professionals at Bonded Waterproofing Systems can offer.
Call us today for your free Water Ingress Analysis at (877) 226-6333.