Making your basement watertight can be an expensive job – and even more so if it isn’t done right the first time. By following these tips, you can have your Bergen County home or business’s basement waterproofed and leak-free – guaranteed:
- References and testimonials: Basement waterproofing companies are only as good as their last job, so find out if you can speak to previous clients or view the site of their last job. Be sure to also ask how thorough the contractors were in rooting out leaks, how good their customer service was and if they kept the site clean or not.
- License and bonded: Hiring a contractor that isn’t licensed or bonded is almost certain to end in disaster. Bonding protects clients from contractors that fail to complete jobs or meet financial obligations, while contractor’s licenses cover liability insurance and workers’ compensation as well as protect the client from damage caused by the contractor.
- A local company history: Only companies with good reputations will be able to last any length of time in the industry, so find a company with a long history to partner with. Having a name that is trusted by locals is worth more than any marketing campaign.
- Free assessment: Look for a waterproofing company that is wiling to come out to your home or business and thoroughly evaluate your basement for leaks, mold, humidity and other moisture-related issues – for free. This will give you the right information to make a decision on the services you require without any obligation to hire the company.
- Wide range of products: Basements can suffer from a wide range of moisture-related issues, so you want a company that can handle everything your basement throws at them. Look for a company that offers foundation repair, waterproofing, leak proofing, dehumidifiers, sump pumps, French drains and more, so you know they have your needs covered.
- Warranty: If done properly, your basement waterproofing solution should last a lifetime – and your contractor should be prepared to stand by that with their warranty. Look for a warranty that they will service any below grade area of the foundation wall and floor against seepage, as well as free replacement of all materials and labor on warranted services for the lifetime of the property.
Speak to us today for a free basement waterproofing assessment
If you want the peace of mind that comes with knowing that your basement is properly waterproofed, speak to the experts at Bonded Waterproofing Systems. We will do a no-obligation, comprehensive estimate and Water Egress Analysis to determine the state of your home’s waterproofing and suggest lasting solutions, including mold remediation/removal, foundation repair, French drains and sump pump installation.
As a local, family-owned operation that has been delivering lasting, quality basement waterproofing solutions at fair prices for over 30 years, we know just how important your home is – which is why we offer interest-free financing, a lifetime warranty and the fairest pricing model in the industry.
For more information on our services in Bergen County, please contact us or visit our website at http://bondedwaterproofing.com/ today